Reading and Writing Innovation Lab
Your opportunity to access our collection of hardware and software to investigate the impact of the digital transformation on reading and writing
Join our webinar, After ChatGPT: What do we know about generative AI one year in?
Thursday 30 November, 4pm-5.30pm
Readable and accessible templates for Word and PowerPoint to download
We have created modifiable Word and PowerPoint templates to make it easier for you to create more readable and accessible documents and presentations.
The lab has moved
The Reading and Writing Innovation Lab is now located in the Innovation Space at 13 Banbury Road. This means it is now more accessible, and that we can offer more opportunities for in-person visits as well as online consultations.
What is it?
As more and more of reading is moving to the digital realm, the Centre for Teaching and Learning has established a Reading and Writing Innovation Lab to help us keep track of the impact of the digital transformation on reading and writing.
The purpose of the lab is to:
- collect and test software and hardware and its various affordances for digital reading and writing
- enable the academic community to make better decisions about best technologies
- establish a platform for further research of digital scholarship
- provide a wider range of assistive technologies available to all.
Ultimately, we hope that as a result, more students and academics will be able to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to develop the same level of fluency with digital reading and writing as they are used to with paper.
How can you access it?
Book a consultation
- try one of these devices hands on in the Innovation Space at 13 Banbury Road
- get an online consultation about an appropriate device.
Attend a tools showcase
We also run periodic showcases of the technologies, as well as other sessions.